Pages

Reflections & Poulet - Bugis+

Went through a rough patch, and I'm currently keeping my cool.
It hurts so much, I really felt pain in my chest physically.
I felt so weak.
A lack of understanding, and compromise.
Don't know what to argue anymore.

Anyway, TGIF ysterday - met up with some friends at Bugis+ for dinner.
Had a good chat because everyone has now settled into their jobs; my friend and I were a little slower though, in being employed.
But well, all is good now.
Work was initially okay, there was nothing much to do, except simple admin stuffs.
But just yesterday, I had so many things to learn.
I'll be going for training this coming week, and I have to attend meetings with people from other organizations on Wed.
Felt so weird registering these in my brain.
I was just a student, and now the transition to being a working adult is kinda tough to handle.
Plus, it's just the start.
I know I'm going to be real busy soon, and may never get to leave the office on time, except Friday, perhaps.
For now, I have not regretted my career path - it's still too early.
Who knows, few years down the road, I may be changing my career path?
Nobody knows the future. I may end up being single my whole life, or walk down the aisle with my special someone in a few years' time.
Well, nobody knows.

Back to topic.
Reached Bugis+ around 6.30pm and there was long queues for quite a few restaurants there.
Settled for Poulet, and queued for approximately half an hour?
Poulet is a a casual French dining restaurant, btw.

Soupe A L'oignon/French Onion Soup
The onion soup tasted more like a sauce than a broth haha

Baby Lamb Shank stewed with Root Vegetables and Rosemary in its own jus infused with Orange
th Orange
I had the lamb shank. There was a lingering lamb smell, but it wasn't that pungent.
The sauce was great and flavourful.
The lamb meat was pretty generous as well, for the $15.90++ pricing.
But I didn't manage to finish the whole plate, because the dish felt too bland on its own after eating for long.


Braise De Canard, or Braised Duck
Only took a mouthful for this, so I can't critique much.
But the meat was tender.

FYI, the signature dish is actually the Roast Chicken below.
I didn't try it though, but my friend said it was good.
No idea why I didn't order a signature dish instead, lol.
But I heard the creamy sauce was what enhanced the flavours of the dish.

Poulet Restaurant
201 Victoria Street
Level 4 Bugis+, Singapore
Tel: +65 6509 9411
Daily: 11.30am – 9.30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment