Pages

Accessories Review: Orion Crystal Jewellery - Sapphire Birthstone Earrings

During my previous Batam trip, I lost 1 side of my Goldheart earring which I had it since Sec 2.
My mom bought it for me and i've been wearing it since, for nearly 9 years.
Sigh, I cried when I lost it because it felt like I'd lost something really important.

I tried going back to Goldheart to find my earring, but since it was such a long time ago, they don't have the model anymore </3.

My bf, feeling guilty that he could have led to my earring loss (cause he kept playing with my ears in Batam *roll eyes*), decided to find me a pair.
We've went into jewellery shops, but of course, the price was over his budget.
I saw a rather pretty diamond round earring (my Goldheart one was a heart diamond earring) which looked classic. However, the price was $600+...sigh, didn't buy it since it was too expensive.

I've been trying to find cheaper alternatives..diamond earrings for <$200 but failed.
Okay, maybe I didn't find hard enough.
So, one fine day, I received this Orion Crystal vouchers (20% off) and decided to google it!
In case you're wondering, no, I'm not paid for this. Please read on lol

Found out that the earrings were cheap!
I zoomed in to the birthstone earrings below, and found out that my birthstone is Sapphire.
Coincidentally, I was talking to my brother a few days back, about buying a sapphire earring instead of a diamond earring, since it could be cheaper!
And look, this is $25!
So I copied this link to my bf and told him that I'm helping him to save money.
See, instead of diamond earrings, I'm asking for this la! And, I am searching it on my own some more...shouldn't he be the one searching? lol, since it's his gift for me? tsk

As blue as the sea, September's birthstone is a symbol of deep loyalty, fidelity, and truth. The Birthstone earrings in Sapphire are a pair of royal blue SWAROVSKI Elements that spark and glitter against their simple rhodium-plated background.

100% pure Rhodium plated design, Hypoallergenic Titanium posts, Made with SWAROVSKI Elements

In the end, we settled for this. 
Bf thought it was pretty too but of course, we were both skeptical la.
Swarvoski for $25? 
And what if my ears get pus? (FYI, my ears are allergic to fake metals, so the hypoallergenic titanium was a plus)
But we guessed, since it was just $25, we could take a bet.

Furthermore, they had the banner below

So I guessed it should be safe.

Ordered the earrings on Nov 27th.
Waited for a long time, and even emailed the customer service about my order, only to receive a reply that I've to wait for around 14 working days.
Ok lor.
So in the end, the item was shipped on 5th December.
It was then received by my bf on 9th December.
Tbh, the delivery wasn't prompt, but well, at least I got the goods.

Review (photos via Note 2)




WITH FLASH 


How does it look?
My first reaction was: way lao, got conned. It looks like plastic earrings!

It definitely does not look expensive - my brother thought it was around 10 odd dollars lol
I mean, really, 一分钱一分货, so I guess I got what I paid for.

Another thing I realised was that there seemed to be a blackening/darkening of the earring stick.
I'm afraid it'd make my ears grow pus, but I'm wearing it to sleep for now.
I've been sleeping with my Goldheart earrings for years (of course la, that one is certified and is white gold lor) and had not grow pus ever since.
Am trying it out for a night to judge.
---
Okay, so after a night of sleeping with the earrings, it didn't give me any problems.
No pain while sleeping, nor any pus.
Hopefully it'll continue like this!
Will be adding any further comments.

Till next time~





No comments:

Post a Comment