Pages

Frustrating service at Lee's Taiwanese - Jem


I love Taiwanese food.
But, not so for those sold in Singapore.

A recent trip to Jem got me fuming.
I wasn't angry at any staff per se, but I was irritated at the service level there.
I'll get to that point.





I hope you can tell from the prices above that this is not a cheap place to have your Taiwanese food.
I won't mind paying this price is the food was good; unfortunately, it wasn't.

Ordered LU ROU FAN which is one of my fav when I was in Taiwan for holiday a few years back.
This costs $10++
By the way, the portion wasn't big, but decent enough for a small eater.
It wasn't delicious - just passable. 
FYI, that red thing at the bottom right of the picture below is the SAUAGE (wtf)

Another wtf thing that I remembered now that I blog.
This rice is supposed to come with a complimentary side dish - sour veggies aka suan1 cai4.
BUT, they didn't give it to us!!
Okay, too late, was so angry with the service that I forgot.

Got a deluxe set meal - which includes the pig intestines mee sua (i prefer oyster, but they don't sell it), drinks and side dish), drink and side dish.
The pig intestines were smelly.
The mee sua was below average - what I had at Shilin (the snacks store in Singapore) was way better!
This side dish - tofu with century egg is the best dish.
I like how the sauce drizzled over the tofu complemented the whole dish.
It was a refreshing cold side dish to accompany the ru rou fan.
Had the melon drink which was too sweet for my liking.

Anyway, food standard aside, what I was angry about was how unresponsive the staff were.
I signaled a staff for help, and she looked at me, not moving an inch from her spot.
I assumed she didn't notice so I move on to the other waitresses to order my food above.

Thereafter, I wanted to try their signature dessert (think Blackball).
I signal that same staff who stood there not moving, to come over, but she was stoning there again - looking at me.
-.-
Moved on to the other staff and asked what was the dessert of the day.
To my surprise, this staff told me there's no dessert of the day.
Dots....it was a Saturday, supposedly a day where they'll have a lot of patrons, but they didn't prepare desserts?
I assumed the staff didn't know what was going on, so I asked the other.
The other staff said, no desserts today because too many people -.-'''
Another said SOLD OUT.
Sigh, really confusing explanations from the staff.
Another thing to mention was, some of the staff were just blur - one auntie gave out wrong orders to different patrons; another staff said wrong information regarding food ingredients; another just stood there not doing anything. 

Such an unpleasant experience there, plus the food wasn't really up to standard.
Not coming back again



1 comment:

  1. Looks like a real bad service.. i went during the weekend recently and service is pretty prompting, perhaps change in staff? Food wise is still passable as you mentioned :)

    ReplyDelete