Pages

Hot Tomato (313 Somerset), Hifumi (Plaza Sing)

Hot Tomato

Headed here for lunch since I was in town to Paragon for medical checkup.
Should have chosen Fish&Co or others instead but I decided to make a decision quick and settled in here.
This is not my first visit though, the previous times were disappointing - I'm not sure why I came here again haha
Anyway, I ordered the grilled chicken chop which costs around $10 after charges.
The grilled chicken was pretty good, so was the aglio olio - while the portion of the aglio olio was a little small, it was the perfect amount for me.
I love the terriyaki sauce which accompanied the grilled chicken, also the chicken was grilled well (not too hard, nor too soft).
I was able to finish the whole plate, including the veggies - maybe I was just too hungry.
This was not a bad dish after all!

Hifumi

Plaza Singapura, 68 Orchard Road #04-68 (The Atrium), Dhoby Ghaut

Came to Hifumi again.
This is my second visit.
The most memorable thing about this restaurant is it's all you can eat appetizer.

 I ordered the pork sausage and veg tomato hot pot set since this was a monthly special.

 

Bf ordered the curry chicken set.
After tasting both, I advise against ordering the tomato hot pot unless you're really a fan of tomato.
I love tomato, but having it as a soup with my japanese rice doesn't work for me.
In the end, I kept stealing my bf's curry sauce hahaha
I highly recommend you to order their curry set because the sauce was good.
His set comes with a chicken thigh, eggs, brocolli and mushrooms - we even took our own appetizer and dipped it into the sauce.
For my tomato soup base, the main ingredient was the pork sausage.
However, the pork sausage tasted really artificial - don't expect it to taste like bockwurst, they're vastly different.
Their pork sausage tasted more like the non-dried version of lap chiong....weird!

Bonus points to the ambiance though, since the restaurant is located at the extension of PS, it was less crowded.
We reached here at around 5 plus and we were the only few customers, shortly streams of customers came in.
Doubt I'd come back again though, unless I'm really running out of ideas on what to eat.

Total damage was $32 for 2 pax.

Have been dying to try the Beauty Pot [美人锅, Bijin Nabe]!
Let me know your reviews if you've tried it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment