Pages

D'good cafe @ Holland Village

Seems like the cafe craze is still ongoing, and more and more cafes are sprouting all over our island.
Just yesterday, bf suggested that we go to some cafes for our meal.
All thanks to some bloggers who arranged the cafes according to location, I pinpointed d'good cafe to bf.
First thing he mentioned was, "so tamade far"; haha pardon the vulgarity; cause he lives in the East.

Anw, the cafe is located is at Holland Village, and you can just alight at the circle line station.
Not difficult to find, in my opinion.
We even walked past Hatched (previously I kept mentioning to him that I wanted to try out Hatched. It was during the initial craze over Eggs Benny, now I kinda hate it).

The cafe was fully packed, but we managed to find 2 seats at the 2nd level.
Goodness, I have no idea how people can sit at outside of the 3rd level. It was scorching hot la!
There was the swing facing the windows at the 2nd level, but too bad we didnt get the chance to sit there.

I had quite high expectations of d'good cafe, judging from the numbers of instagram posts here.
Yeah, I first heard of this place through instagram.
But, the food was rather disappointing. Anw, photos first.

Was expecting some bears latte art leh. In the end, I got this :(
Anyway, the latte was kinda bitter so I had to add a packet of raw sugar.
I can't comment much on their latte because I can't appreciate coffee, so excuse moi.

I had their Homemade Marina meatballs pasta.
Was expecting something delicious since it seems like this is one of their signature dish, but the pasta was disappointing.
Soggy pasta with less than appetising meatballs.
Bad choice, bad choice.

Bf had the eggs benny.
Again, average at best - this probably looks better than it tastes heh.
But we managed to finish everything.

In total, an average meal, but I would give bonus points for the cafe's interior design.
It's a good place to chill, I must say.

$32 for the above.
You decide.

1 comment:

  1. Great review, thanks for sharing. Makes me want to visit the place too. There is this map called CafeSG that lets you find all the local cafes in Singapore! Super useful for cafe hopping and to discover new cafes near home and workplace.

    http://cafesg.bigspoon.sg/

    Hope to see more reviews from you

    ReplyDelete