Pages

Dian Xiao Er

Treat my family to dinner at Dian Xiao Er Vivo some time ago.
Forgot to blog about this :S
Pardon me for the lousy photos.
My camera doesn't work well in dim-lighted environments.
I found that editing the photos make it really ugly!
Would source for a better camera soon ;)

It was my first visit here.
If it wasn't for my e-voucher, I probably wouldn't have entered this place.
To be frank I've never heard of this place before, however, it seems like DXE is popular because there was a long queue at the Vivo outlet!
Service wise, it was really good - we didn't wait very long for our seats.
Furthermore, the young staff inside were rather pleasant.

Anyway, the outlet resembles some kind of olden restaurant - those that you'll see in old China dramas haha
I don't really fancy such setting, sorry, furthermore, it was rather dark inside.




We ordered a few dishes, enough for 5 people - all in SMALL portion.
Managed to clear everything in the end!
Ordered 1 portion of the black chicken soup for myself :) 

 Dong Po pork


  

 THIS, IS THE MUST ORDER - ROASTED DUCK. (herbal roast duck)
I believe this is their signature dish, because a lot of people were ordering it.
Furthermore, when you enter the restaurant, you'd see the cooks preparing the duck meat.
  


Total bill sets me to about $120 T.T
It was really expensive, I'd prefer eating at tze char stall, really.
Food tasted really average, and the only nice dish was the roasted duck.
Other than that, the dishes were rather pricey.

I believe my post is a non-biased one since I've no association with DXE.
Found a lot of positive reviews by bloggers on DXE's websites (duh, they're paid or invited for tastings).
Seriously, sometimes I wonder how true their reviews are.
Even if I'm paid or given a food tasting session, I WOULD NOT blatantly give positive reviews when the food does not meet my expectations.

Wouldn't go back again, unless I've received vouchers or have enough money to spare D:

VivoCity, 1 Harbourfront Walk 
#02/137/8 
Tel: +65 6376 9786

No comments:

Post a Comment