Pages

Review: Dim Sum at Victor's Kitchen

I guess that's the lao ban niang at the cashier!
Victor's Kitchen is an old-looking shop that sells dimsum
When you enter, you're given a piece of paper and you can just fill in what kind of dishes you'd like.

When I visited yesterday at around 5+, there wasn't a lot of people.
This is my second time here.
I remembered the first time here was rather squeezy, as it was packed.
I suggest going at a timing that has lesser people, because you wouldn't like to squeeze and have your food served late while you're hungry.

Anyway, here's what we ordered:

Hong Kong Summer Iced Tea ($3)
Wanted this because I saw that it was a hot favourite on a poster at the mirror.
Anyway, it's served in a plastic cup, but immersed in a bowl of ice.
Guess it's to prevent the ice from diluting the milk tea
I find it a bit too sweet for my liking, but nonetheless finished it off (shared with my bf)

Another "must try" on the poster was this Golden Egg Yolk Lava Bun ($4)

Apparently, it's ranked number 3 by some magazine (cuttings which I saw pasted on the wall)
I've been hearing people rave about LIU SHA BAO.
Got so nice meh?
Victor's Kitchen version is not the normal custard ones we'd find outside.
As you can see, there's egg yolk.
I don't really like it la, although it's like their signature dish?
The moment I bite, the butter came runny down.
YES, butter!
I thought the filling should be a bit thicker and not so runny?
Anyway, ate a few mouth and really disliked the taste.
SORRY, I NO LOVE YOU.
There's 3 buns la, and my bf ate them all HAHAHA
He said it doesnt taste nice either.

We also ordered the glutinous rice, which came wrapped.
The lotus leaf really smelt nice
However, when I tasted it: I don't like this either!
But my bf says it was nice.
I had problems with my digestion, so I only ate a few mouth of it.
The rice wasn't as sticky as I'd like it to me, and it wasn't exactly tasty.
Sorta blend IMO.

Another dish was the Victor’s King Prawn Dumplings ($5.00)
Sorry to say, I've tasted better
The skin was a bit too thick
and the prawns a bit too hard
I'd love it better if the skin was thinner, and the prawns softer

The dumpling encased prawns that were neither crunchy nor too soft while the skin was thin but sticky. The skin was stuck to the metal pan while I was trying to pick it up with my chopsticks but unfortunately, the skin was torn apart rather too easily. Victor’s King Prawn Dumplings were probably just passable to me and I must say that I was quite disappointed.

Lastly, THE MUST TRY!!!
Carrot Cake with XO Sauce ($4.50)
my favourite food deserves another photo
I LOVE IT!
But I'm not very sure if I tasted XO in the sauce, hmm.
The sauce is a bit spicy though
Anyway, the carrot cake is unlike others.
It's soft and served in a bowl.
Yum yum, I am salivating already.

Service wise, I find it okay.
But I've heard of people complaining about it.
So I guess, always choose a timing where there's lesser people, so the staff can concentrate on serving you.
I'm sure I'll be back again to try others + MY CARROT CAKE!

Total damage: $21



91 Bencoolen Street
#01-21 Sunshine Plaza

No comments:

Post a Comment