Pages

Kimchi Pancake Recipe

First attempt on kimchi pancake, and it was a success!
I think i should let you guys know that I'm a korean food lover.
It started years ago, when I fell in love with Kpop (DongBangShinKi) and korean food.
I even studied in Seoul :)
Although my kpop interest is dying, (or maybe it had died), I cannot resist Korean food.
I've been wanting to make my own kimchi pancake for very long, and since I had flour, and my mum just bought kimchi, I made it!
It was delicious :)

So, here's my recipe for Kimchi pancake/ kimchi jeon.
It's really easy.
All the ingredients were bought from NTUC.
You'll need:

  • Kimchi



  • All-purpose flour (I got the Pagoda  Premium Quality Plain Flour- can make a lot of things, like breakfast pancakes etc)
  • Salt, sugar, oil
  • Onions, green onions are optional, but I added green onions in mine just now.





Anyway, I made a small portion because I'm the only one eating.
You can make it large by adding more portions of kimchi and flour.
1. Add Kimchi and flour into a bowl. I added a spoonful of kimchi and likewise a spoonful of flour.
You can add more flour if you want to.
2. Add kimchi juice - sadly, my kimchi bottle has very little juice -.- So I added water, about half a spoon?
3. Mix everything together with a little bit of salt, and sugar (I added half a spoon of sugar too)

4. VOILA! Time to fry it!

I'm pleased with its taste, the looks of it doesn't really matter haha
But I'll make sure to fry it longer, so its more chao ta next time :D
Take note, the photo looks pathetic because it's just a one-person serving hahaha
Make it as big as you want!

1 comment:

  1. The above given recipe is really very nice. It is easy and tastes good. Thanks for such a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete