Pages

3 Reasons why couples should travel together

Having experienced 2 overseas trip (bangkok, korea & upcoming bali) with my boyfriend, I realized how important it is for couples, to go on overseas trips together - before marriage.
This post is inspired by the post here.
But my story and opinion is different from theirs; the vacations that my bf and I embarked on are relaxing, and rather romantic cities.
However, there are still a lot of things you can learn about each other, regardless of which countries you go too.
The main point is to advocate couples to spend a few days together in a foreign land, and/or in close proximity.
Trust me.
It is rewarding :)

1. A vacation add sparks to your relationship.
Live Love Leave a Legacy
Regardless of how long you've been with your partner, a vacation is a good way to strengthen bonds.
Being together in a foreign land makes both of you a little more vulnerable than in your native land. With only each other as company, it's YOU & ME VS OTHERS.

2. Create special memories overseas

And this memory is lifelong. Bring along a camera. Take more photos. Edit it, Print it out.
Remind yourself how much memories and happy times you've spend with him!

Watch a sunrise, watch a sunset. Enjoy each others' presence.

3. Learn more about each other - are we compatible?
Weird Love
Travelling is the time when you get to learn the good and the bad of your partner.
Through the vacations, I began to appreciate and got more impressed of my boyfriend.
When overseas, he would be making sure I was well-taken care of.

When we were in Bangkok, I had menstrual cramps (sucks man) and had to hole myself up in the hotel room. I couldn't walk because my legs and back were aching (seriously, I hate myself for these pains).
Although I know he was reluctant to waste the afternoon in the hotel with me, he still did.
Things such as boiling hot water for me, willingness to buy food for me so that I can rest properly.
What more could I ask for?

Next, I also found out that he was really good with directions - and I am a self-confessed direction noob. He was there to guide me on where to go. For instance, at Platinum Mall, if I was left alone to shop, I'm sure I would walk back to the same spot again, or even lose my way back. But he was able to recognize which lanes we had walked, and brought me to new lanes we both haven't been too. It's funny how its our first time there, yet he was able to guide me around.

In Korea, he even guided me to the subway stations although I had been there before. Who says you need to know Korean to walk the streets? My bf can't even speak simple Korean nor understand the words, but he was able to lead the way. Obviously, I felt dumb for bragging about how well I knew Seoul, especially Ewha.

He's like my street map.

Find out new things about each other. Test your compatibility. Minor things such as sleeping habits, eating habits, temper, communication etc can be easily discovered when both of you are together for such a long period of time. Are you able to handle his "flaws" or habits that are different from yours? What about him?

These are interesting questions to think about before marriage :)


No comments:

Post a Comment