Pages

Review: Ambush & Gelateria Italia

I had an awesome date today :)
Went to Orchard, which I've not stepped into for long
Don't really like Orchard because of their overly-priced goods, I'm still a poor student you know!

Anyway, ate good food ( me thinks) today, and I've also received my samples
Yay, double happiness
Make it triple, since my bf was so nice to accompany the whole day just to get the samples and stuffs I've won 

Since I had school in the morning, going down all the way to Orchard was a killer -.-
Around 1 hour of my time spent on just sitting on the MRT
By then, I was so famished!
Decided to eat at Taka, since I couldn't figure what nice food there was at Ion (any recommendations?)
I'm a really boring person, I can go to the same stall that I like everytime I stepped into that place
And one such stall is Ambush.

Ambush
I've ate at the Ngee Ann City/Takashimaya outlet for three times in the past years
It was not bad, coming from a fussy eater like me.
Love its sausages/wurst and rosti!
My love topped up $3.80 for the salad and lemon tea drink
The salad was really nice. Made me wanna make a similar version!
On the top right was my set - pork cheese sausages with spaghetti ($10.80)
And the bottom one - rosti with bockwurst ($11.80)
The last time I went, I remembered there wasn't any GST!
But oh well, not sure if I remembered wrongly, the above meal costs us $25.80
Rather decent la, Orchard food prices are roughly like this.
I particularly love the pork cheese sausages - cheese is always lovely :)
I suggest not ordering bockwurst lor, not as nice, and more expensive but my bf says otherwise.
Up to your choice!
The thing is, ORDER ROSTI! SO DAMN NICE I TELL YA
I regretted my spaghetti :(
Rosti was really good, I wanna make it at home too! Time to youtube it :D
So, if you want affordable german sausages and italian food, try Ambush!
Good for our pockets hehe
Psst, btw, there's a Jurong Point outlet too, and I remembered there was student meals there ($9.90), go try!

Gelateria Italia
Remember my post  about my Qoo10.sg coupon purchase?
I've finally redeemed it \O/
$2.80 for a big portion of gelato, so worth it!
Now you know why I'm so happy.

So many choices to choose!
I have to say, the staff at the Taka outlet was soo patient and nice.
I made the blunder of dropping my used spoon onto the new spoon box (wth, damn stupid) and felt so paiseh and guilty.
But she didn't give me a black face, oops.
And she continued to serve me with samples before I decided on what I want:
Can you guess what 3 flavours I got?






































I got the lychee,  pistachio, and green tea flavours.
Not exactly the best I could choose tbh, but there were too many choices
And I'm fickle-minded -.-
Right after tasting these 3 on my cup, I sorta regretted
The green tea wasn't as nice as Tom Palette's, and the pistachio was too heavy for my liking (the sample was small and okay la)
The only flavor I liked was the lychee, but my bf doesn't.
He said the pistachio was nice
Of course everyone has different tastes!
I regret not having the dark rocher chocolate! But I may complain that it's too chocolatey and heaty T.T
And I didn't want the normal flavours like cookies and cream, tiramisu blah blah
Aiya, when you've choices its just so hard to choose lor!

But then again, really thumbs up to my deal.
I must say that if I'd to pay $9.80 for this cup - NO WAY.
But since I got the deal from qoo10.sg/gmarket at $2.80 why not right!
Anyway, I ate only a small portion of the icecream and left the rest for him.
Not an huge fan of gelato, and eating too much makes me wanna go to the toilet (which I did, stomach ache, oops)

Overall, decent meals today!
And we ate pontian + fried wanton (MY FAVOURITE!) and we saw a famous ex-actress there (woooo~)

Will blog about my goodies (what I've won and the samples) soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment