Pages

Happy Boy Soya Bean

Ever since Lao Ban Tao Huey became a hit, the usual soya beancurd I have for breakfast seems to pale in comparison.
I remember the first time I had it was at Maxwell
It was really delish
I was still wondering, why is there such a craze over it?
Siao, queue for 1 hour just to get taohuey, and it costs x2 of the usual taohuey I get?
But, I guess people just can't resist how soft the curd was.
To be exact, you can't call the laoban kind of tao huey, tao huey?
You should call it Soyabean pudding!

Anyway, this post is to address the number of soya pudding stalls spawning across the island.
We headed to Old Airport Road yesterday, under the damn bloody scary weather (the rain was mad yesterday, can't even see the cars in front properly)
We were seated just outside of the Happy Boy Soyabean curd stall, and Laoban was 2 stalls away (in the middle was a Rojak stall, I think it's famous, but it was closing when we got there)
If it was you, which stall would you order the beancurd from?

Personally, I wanted to try the Happy Boy beancurd because we were sitting just in front of the stall, and it was having the 1-1 promo.
But my bf wanted LaoBan, and he suggested that we ate laoban and order Happy Boy back for our families.
Well, so he went to Laoban and came back with this:
I could see the stall owners of Happy Boy looking at us (oops)
But as soon as I sank my spoon into LBTH, and ate a mouth, I looked at my bf and he too looked at me.
"It's getting worse," I said.
The quality isn't there anymore.
$1.50 for an unsatisfactory bowl. Sigh
It wasn't as soft as what I ate, it didn't melt in my mouth, it just wasn't good.



After that, we bought 2 bowls of Happy Boy Soya beancurd back home.
1 for 1, which means we got 4 bowls at $3 total.

I just ate the Happy Boy Soya beancurd.
And, it tasted just like what I first ate at Maxwell.
Now I know, it's all the same.
For a cheaper price, at 1-1, I can get the same product!


Move over Laoban, I'll just patronize Happy Boy in the future (that is if 1-1 prevails)!

http://www.happyboybean.com.sg/Blk 51 Old Airport Road #01-109, Old Airport Market & Food Centre 

No comments:

Post a Comment