Pages

Review: Chock Full of Beans

Tucked far far away from where I live, is a cafe that I've been wanting to go.
I first saw this cafe from food reviews on other blogs, and was attracted when they said it was affordable.
After all, there wasn't any GST and Service Charges.

So I went to Changi Village yesterday, specially for Chock Full of Beans.
Here it is, a delight under short HDBs.



It was a rather small cafe, with indoor and outdoor seats.
Thankfully for us, there wasn't much people on a Saturday morning, and we got to sit in the air-conditioning.
The staff were pretty friendly, and smiley.
Prices range from 8/9++
I'm not a brunch fan, and this was my first try on such food
I've seen many people blogging about egg benedicts (???), blah blah, but it wasn't really my kind of food.
But it is always good to try new food - I was actually more interested in the cafe setting tbh

Here's what we ordered:
A Big Breakfast set ($17)
I don't really like this. I should've tried the eggs benedict.
 Caramelized Banana French Toast set ($9)
This too was so-so. Should have tried it in peach!
The strawberry was sooo sour :(
The french toast wasn't really delicious too.
I prefer the french toast my mum make, using normal gardenia or sunshin bread!
This was just too thick for my liking.
Caramel Macchiato ($5.50)
Two words - SUPER SWEET.
Probably shouldn't have ordered this as well, cause I don't like stuffs that are too heavy on my taste buds.
In the end, their plain lemon water was the best for me -.-
And, it's FREE.

I-forgot-what-my-bf ordered-but-it-was-cute($6.60)
I think his was not bad.
Not too sweet, Plus the drawings made me smile, so cute!
But I don't like cold drinks -.-

Total damage: $38

Would I go back again?
I think not.
First, it is too far.
Second, I am not a huge fan of brunches
Third, all the above choices I've made didn't mae the cafe seem like such a good dining place!

Chock Full of Beans
Changi Village Road, #01-2090

Time to explore other areas :)
Till then!


No comments:

Post a Comment