Pages

Cooking - I'm Hooked!

Hi dears, I've a new found hobby - Cooking.
I think I eat better with food I've cooked myself (Sorry, mummy!)
My mum is a very traditional Chinese cook
Our daily meals consists of rice or porridge, soup, fish and veggies
Occasionally, we'll have noodles, beehoon, yong tao foo - all Chinese style.

The first time I've ate any other cuisines, like Western, Italian was with my friends
And I guess, that was in Secondary 1 or 2?
Growing up, I've no exposure to western style of food - oh well, I remembered my mum made us french toast, but I've no idea it was "French"
Londres_soho_bills-_28_large
OMGGGG
I just thought it was a normal food that my mum made herself, and she called it Egg bread (鸡蛋面包)
Tumblr_ll169vkzfu1qcg3x1o1_500_large
doesnt it look yummy?

Haha! It was only when I went out with some friends, I think to ikea, and I saw french toast
Okay, I digressed.
Ever since I am exposed to other kinds of food (NOT FAST FOOD HOR), I'd try to ask my mum to cook it for us.

These days, I've been in charge of the kitchen - well sort of.
My mum started working long ago, and since she isn't at home, we have to settle lunch on our own!
We used to cook maggi mee + eggs and what's not.
But that's soooo unhealthy! And I hate maggi mee!
So I started exploring options - easy ones

Nowadays, we'd have salad (who'd know it's so easy to make, and people are selling it at exp prices), baked salmon, fries, pasta, spaghetti etc
My mum think that these food are easier to make, rather than cooking up a storm in the kitchen with soup, veggies blah blah

I've been having salmon recently.
It's such an easy meal to cook!
My mum used to throw it into porridge and make us fish porridge (YUCKS!)
I told her it was a waste la!
You know how restaurants sells salmon dishes and make them look so nice?
And my mum turned it into such a....cheap dish -.-
So I told her, next time buy salmon and LET ME COOK ON MY OWN.

There's so many ways you can cook salmon!
Here are a few. I love how these videos are presented.
No talks, just plain simple recipes in pretty designs <3





You can go to watchsuperfoods @ youtube to find out more amazing recipes they share!

Stay tune for more instagram photos on what I cook.
Obviously my presentation won't be good, haha, but well, at least it shows, if noobs like me can cook, so can you! :D
Why waste money dining outside (I know, there's the atmosphere) when you can have fun cooking in your kitchen for a lesser price?

All from NTUC.

The result - added lime juice instead of mayo hehe

Iceberg lettuce + cherry tomatoes + mayo = night snack

Black Chicken Tonic with wolfberries, dangshen, red dates. I can be a good traditional housewife too! :D

What I had at my bf's place. We can have Yakun style of breakfast too! Save $$$
Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment